Hi :)
This list is not deliberately giving specific agencies any
information or posts from individuals.  All your login info is protected
 as much as can reasonably be done (although i'm sure all sensible
people give wrong information or just leave most of it blank).  The
posts you make are the only thing that is given out but they are
publicly available by anyone, anywhere that has a web-browser possibly
further.

If your posts indicate you are from a specific town then some people might
remember that or find it in the archives.  So, obviously you would give a fake
town or just not tell anyone and not hand out business cards or flyers or
anything unless you wanted people to know.

I vaguely recall having heard of "Tor" web-browsing
https://www.torproject.org/
However, i heard it is quite slow.  Also, as "sun shine" pointed out it's a bit
of a waste of time i you are using Windows.  There are a few OSes, such as
versions of Gnu&Linux that do an amazing amount to protect your privacy
https://tails.boum.org/
https://whonix.org/wiki/Main_Page
both use Tor.  If you run either of those on a machine, especially if it's not
connected to the internet then you can be reasonably sure no-one can snoop.
Tails has a page at DistroWatch so i feel reasonably confident about suggesting
them
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=tails
Probably others too but i didn't spend long looking.  Whonix doesn't appear on
DW although does that mean they are not Gnu&Linux (or Bsd) or that they are
more extremely careful and really don't want to be known?  Mostly i think these
sorts of things are developed to protect canny journos, or people living in
dangerous and paranoid countries.  Military organisations seem to have only
just caught onto the idea that a LiveCd is a pretty neat idea for keeping
sessions secure but hopefully that is just their public face and they are
working on these sorts of tools in the back-ground.

Most people seem quite happy to share almost everything with everyone freely
on-line through Facebook, MySpace and all the rest.  Not so much a  hidden
back-door but a wide open front-door and in a "knock all the walls down" type
of way.  Everyone is spying on everyone else and happily uploading pictures and
whatnot of everyone anywhere without any regard to any sort of privacy.  We,
collectively, sold out our right to privacy (in countries that bothered to pay
lip-service to such concepts that have never really existed anywhere in
reality) gleefully years ago.

Btw for the first time in just under a decade the UbuntuForums.Com got hacked
and all users email addresses got collected.  However, swift action (perhaps
automated?) shut the whole site down to attempt to prevent any other data
getting siphoned off.  I changed all my Ubuntu-related passwords quite quickly
because i get paranoid quite easily so i was expecting other sites to domino
but that never happened and all other sites have remained safe.