Hi Tanstaafl :)
Are you trying to open those documents in LibreOffice and getting those error
messages or getting them in MSO?  Also are they local files or on a Cloud or
networked machine?

Also is that using LO 4.1.0 (in which case you might be able to help sun-shine
post a bug-report) or on a different version of LO?