Hello Stefano,

S o H o N Y C wrote on 2013-10-22 12:47:
   my copy of  LibreOffice 4.1.2 keeps crashing as soon as I start editing a
text document. It keeps asking for Java Runtime SE 6.0 even though it is
installed already.

   Any ideas of a fix? maybe 4.1.3 RC1 can help? Thanks in advance for your
response

I am not subscribed to this list, so please Cc me for replies.

I cannot confirm this behaviour. I run 4.1.2 on 10.9. The first start provoked a crash when editing a document, asking for Java - having confirmed the Java download in OS X, it works like a charm for me.

Do you have only the Apple-provided Java installed, or also a third-party one?

Florian