I am trying to install a few language packs following the procedure described in
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/linux/

I tried the French and the Portuguese packages on two different computers, one,
a 64 bit machine with LinuxMint 13
and the other a 32 bit machine with LinuxMint 14.  The exact same results were
obtained.

Upon entering the command  “sudo dpkg -i *deb”,  the computer (for the French
language) unpacked the following 8 files:
1       libobasis4.1fr
2       libobasis4.1-fr-base
3       libobasis4.1-fr-calc
4       libobasis4.1-fr-math
5       libobasis4.1-fr-res
6       libobasis4.1-fr-writer
7       libreoffice4.1-dict-fr
8       libreoffice4.1-fr

None of the 8 files were configured

file 1                 libobasis4.1-fr  not configured because
libobasis4.1-core01 not installed.

filkes 2 to 6    filename not configured because  libobasis4.1-fr not
configured.

file 7                 libreoffice4.1-dict-fr not configured because the
following packages were not installed.
libreoffice4.1-ure
libobasis4.1-core01
libobasis4.1-core02
libobasis4.1-core03
libobasis4.1-core04
libobasis4.1-core05
libobasis4.1-core06
libobasis4.1-core07
libreoffice4.1

file 8                 libreoffice4.1-fr not configured because libreoffice4.1
not installed and files 1 to 6 not configured.

I would appreciate if you could indicate what I need to do to install these
language packages to have access
to the corresponding spellers but leaving the user interface as is, in English.

Thank You

Luis F. Helbling