2014-01-29 Anthony Baldwin <baldwinling...@gmx.com>

> When clients send me pdf files full of images to be translated,
>  I often just snap a screenshot of them and manage the images in GIMP.
> In such cases, I am reconstructing their document in LO (in English,
> whereas the originals come to me in any of French, Portuguese or Spanish),
> so then I just insert the images into the document in LO.

Just a quick "offtopic" remark: you can directly open PDF in GIMP​​ in the
resolution of your choice. This way you might be able to get better picture
quality (if the picture in the PDF is also high quality of course). I tend
to be on the cautious side and choose 300dpi, because sometime there's a
picture in there that's actually very high definition and I don't want to
notch it down with a simple screenshot :)

Draw can also be useful in your process, as you can directly select images.
Assuming they didn't get chopped in multiple pieces, you can directly
copy/paste images from Draw to Writer ;)