Hi James,

James E Lang wrote on 2014-01-31 21:12:

I also think most mailing lists encourage replies to the list by inserting a
"Reply-To" header designating the list as the preferred reply address. This
lets all on the list to learn from most responses. It also guides people on the list
regarding which queries still need a response.

we had quite a large discussion on that topic a while ago, with advantages and disadvantages for both settings (so called "reply-to mangling"). We have in the end agreed to use the setting as it is now.

Sorry if that causes inconveniences for you, but there's close to little we can do to make everyone happy.

Florian