I have a spreadsheet which has two sheets -- Checkout and PaddleNumbers.

Checkout has the following columns
A: Code
B: Item
C: Opening Bid
D: Paddle Num
E: Buyer Name (contains =VLOOKUP(D2,$PaddleNumbers.A$2:B$110,2,0)
suitable incremented)
F: Amount

while PaddleNumbers has
A: Paddle NUM
B: Name

I would like to add a form so that a person can enter a Code, a Paddle
Number and an Amount, and have those fields (including Buyer Name)
populated.

The tutorials I've found have been for Excel and an older OO Calc, and I
have not been able to figure it would. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, how do I protect the spreadsheet so that nothing can be changed
except from the form?

If anyone would like me to email a sample off-list, I'd be more than
happy to do that.

Thanks.