On 06/20/2014 10:06 AM, Pikov Andropov wrote:
> No, you're mistaken.
>
> Using PP from Office 2007, I was able create a directory that contained
> the following files:
>
> AUTORUN.INF
> THE_ORIGINAL_PPP_FILE.ppt
> INTLDATE.DLL
> microsoft.vc80.crt.manifest
> msvcm80.dll
> msvcp80.dll
> MSVCR80.dll
> OGL.DLL
> play.bat
> playlist.txt
> PPTVIEW.EXE
> pptview.exe.manifest
> PPVWINTL.DLL
> PVREADME.HTM
> SAEXT.DLL
>
> I then copied the contents of that directory to a flash drive and
> plugged that flash drive into another computer. I then opened Windows
> Explorer to that drive and clicked "play.bat".
>
> No installation needed!

Correct. Many years ago (circa 1999) I created a CD using PowerPoint
Viewer 95 to distribute to our veteran's group.  I purposely set it up
so that whoever used it didn't have to have PowerPoint on their PC to
view the slide show. I still have the CD's, still have the original
files, and it still runs just fine on Windows.

Here is the contents of that autorun.inf file:

[autorun]
OPEN=PPVIEW32.EXE  \present\present.lst
ICON=PPVIEW32.EXE,0

Thanks for jogging my memory.