On 07/29/2014 17:06, Brian Barker wrote:

I think I've tracked down the problem but not the answer....

My full statement is - =IF(H44="AUG",Paid.D21,"")

Paid.D21 is the value I want to insert if the month is correct.
H44 contains the month, ie AUG - and this seems to be the problem. It is a pull-down list of months. If I enter the month by hand the IF statement works but with it being a pull-down list it does not work.

The only obvious possibility is that your selection list does not include exactly "AUG". Does it perhaps have a trailing blank or blanks? If so, either correct the list or modify the formula to refer to TRIM(H44) instead.

Brian Barker

Did you try inserting quots which will become =IF(H44="AUG","Paid.D21","") perhaps?
Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA 98370