Hi :)
There might be but i don't know of it.  It might be worth asking in the
generic
http://www.linuxquestions.org
forum because that forum covers many different distros so people might have
run into the issue before or might find it an interesting new challenge.

Also i find it can be good to ask at DW
http://distrowatch.com
has a regular weekly article/magazine and under it has "Readers Comments".
It's just 1 thread per week and starts with a new thread the next week.
One advantage is it's the only place you don't have to register for.  Just
post a comment and see if people respond.  Back when i was a regular they
used to go waaaaay off-topic and a question such as yours pulls them back
to something vaguely relevant  for a bit, sometimes.

Also might be worth asking in the Xfce or specific distro forums.  The Mint
forums might be good.  As a gateway or introductory distro they are
probably not so familiar with people "distro hopping" (except from
Ubuntu).  It's likely to be a refreshing change for them! :)

if you start to get answers it'd be great if you can give us a link so we
can learn a bit too.