On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com> wrote:

>       I understand your problem. Accidentally, both links were to the
> same 32 bit connector because I became confused by the naming Nabble used
> for the two files. (I uploaded teh same file twice.)
>      Here is the 32 bit connector for others if they want to test it:
> <nabble_a href="mysql-connector-x86.oxt">mysql-connector-x86.oxt>
>
>     Here is the 64 bit connector (which is the one you really needed):
>
> <nabble_a
> href="mysql-connector-x86_64.oxt">mysql-connector-x86_64.oxt</nabble_a>
>
>      And a very special thanks to you for what you have done.

Hmm... not sure what the thanks are for but, thank you and you're welcome.

And thanks to you. The corrected links enabled me to use the native MySQL
connector. Not like I have a particular need. However databases, the
desktop kind, are one of the things that got me started on an IT career so
I continue to dabble.

I have limited funds to purchase h/w or s/w and as a result the h/w and s/w
I use to experiment is relatively underpowered.

I have a database from the US gov't, npidata freely available, with about
3.5 million rows and around 350 columns. Actually the gov't provides a csv.
Imported it into a MySQL db using the MySQL command line. Never been able
to read the primary table using the Java connector. With the native MySQL
connector I can. At the MySQL command line I can. That alone tells me
something is better.