No - it's definitely not your problem; Tim Deaton is correct.

This behavior has been around at least since the 3.x days when I first began
using LibreOffice Writer, and I experienced it using both Windows XP and
Ubuntu, and on both short and long documents. This behavior is decidedly
still present in the 4.4 branch. If you print or export to pdf while the
numbering is being randomly reset somewhere in the document, that erroneous
numbering will be in the final output, and will also be reflected in any
table of contents. Part of the review process, therefore, to page through
any output to be sure things are ok.

BUT: If, as Tim says, you simply save and close the document and then reload
it, the page numbers will then be correct, and only those page number resets
you deliberately inserted will be present.

I've never been able to associate any particular action with the page number
resets, and gave up posting a bug and just got used to it. Each time it
occurs, I look to see if memory is running low, or if I have lots of other
apps running, or anything like that I can think of, but still haven't
stumbled onto anything that might constitute a "clue."

The bug is quite difficult to pin down - it can't (as far as I know) be
reproduced on demand, so it will likely never be addressed. The only thing I
have noticed is that I don't ever recall seeing more than one random page
number reset at a time, even when I was working on a 400+ page book -
suggesting that the bug is the result of some binary sort of action.

You are sane. Really! Have a good day ...