Nice article indeed.

I personally like the structured way of the menus. I am a long time user of
OpenOffice, and later LibreOffice.

When MS started with the ribbon, I just didn't use MS office anymore, and on my
newer systems (Mac's and PCs) I only install LO.

Recently I experienced that I can't update LO beyond version 4.3.6 on the Mac I
mostly use which is running OSX 10.7.5; The hardware does not allow upgrading
OSX any further... So, I feel a little 'left in the dark'

I am still a happy user of LO, though!

Rob.