With LibreOffice 5.1.0.3 under Linux Mint 17.2 I also get the blinking,
which is not surprising as the text is set to blink, i.e. under 'Character'
-> 'Font effects' the box "Blinking" is set.  For some reason I could not
select the whole text on these pages, but only individual lines. On doing
so and unsetting "Blinking" the blinking stops.

Graham