On 09/26/2016 02:41 PM, Bruce Hohl wrote:
Is there some other way to get a check range?
Yes, to 'AND' setup your Advanced filter range like this:
date | check no | check no |
| >=1000   | <=1100   |

Ah!  Never thought of repeating the column headers.

If you install the LO help there is good explanation and example of using
Advanced Filters.

I do have some help; however, as noted in my OP, pressing the help
button sent my browser to:

https://help.libreoffice.org/index.php?title=5.1/Calc/Advanced_Filter&Language=en-US&System=UNIX&Version=5.1#bm_id3151113

Looking further, I did find more help here:

https://help.libreoffice.org/5.1/Calc/Filter:_Applying_Advanced_Filters

but that didn't mention the duplication of column names.
It seems intuitive now.

Thanks.

-regards.
Larry