On 18/01/17 13:16, Dave Howorth wrote:
> I run LibreOffice Version: 5.2.3.3 Build ID: 20m0(Build:3) on openSUSE
> Leap 42.1
>
> I just clicked on LibreOffice Help in the Help menu and discovered that
> it opened a web page instead of a help window. The web page is
> https://help.libreoffice.org/index.php?title=5.2/Common/Help&Language=en-US&System=UNIX&Version=5.2#bm_id3149178
> and I can't figure out how to use it to get help! It seems to be some
> kind of overview/index but there doesn't seem to be any way to actually
> invoke help. How do I use it?

Hi - I recognise your problem, Dave.  I had exactly this on Ubuntu1404
LTS using the distro supplied version of LO.

I've just refreshed my memory of how I dealt with it.  On the page your
link gets to, in the left hand column, second entry down is "Main Page".

This takes you to :  https://help.libreoffice.org/Main_Page
and here you find more interesting links to each of the components in LO
suite.

hth
Philip