Op 27-02-17 om 11:24 schreef Alexander Thurgood:
Le 23/02/2017 à 19:42, A. den Oudsten a écrit :

Hi Andre,

I use OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.
In the new version of LibreOffice is a shortage of fonts. I can choose
104 fonts from the 171 available of my system fonts. So I missed - of
course - my favorate Classical Garamond.
´the asked font is not available and will be replaced´ is the only
message I get.

If the fonts in question are PS Type1, then they are no longer supported
in LibreOffice 5.3 - support was dropped for Type1 postscript fonts in
this release.

Alex

Indeed they are Type1, from WordPerfect 8 for Linux.
Is there an argument for the decision to drop Type1. I use them in LibreOffice since it exists.
What/who can I approach to retract this decision?

André