On 04/20/2017 12:24 PM, Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:
On 20/04/17 15:09, anne-ology wrote:
[cut]

  From: "Michael D. Setzer II" <mi...@guam.net> To:
users@global.libreoffice.org Cc: Bcc: Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 01:25:30
+1000 Subject: [libreoffice-users] Having issues with FontWorks?

Have a Harley Owners Group Image, and I'm trying to insert a curved
chapter name in the image. Found a nice tutorial on doing it, but it
is for version 3.2. I have the latest version, and it isn't the
same.
Just a suggestion: Import the Harley image into inkscape, create a new
layer and create your desired text there. Why use a word processor to
manipulate graphics?

Peter HB

I forgot about FontWorks. I did not remember LO having it as an option. Are you making the curved text below or above the logo/image? I was fond of "CHAPTER" above the image and the "number" [ONE, TWO, THREE] below the image.

I do most of my logo creations with a combination of GIMP and Inkscape. I had to do a lot of basic logo creation and specialized watermarks over the years. Have you ever tried creating a watermark that prints out nice, BUT will not show up if you try to make a copy of the watermarked page?