I am making tables in LibreWriter. The structure is one short column
with a couple of numbers, followed by one long column with information
that I type in. The individual rows are eventually cut out and put into stamp
albums.

 I've looked around for a "table row" field and I can't find one. One
 of the numbers in the first column is sequential and will serve as a
 page number after I stick that row into the album. It would be
 wonderful if I could insert a field and have the rows number
 themselves - especially for those times I go back and discover that I
 left something out 50 rows before.

If there is a way of doing that...is there then a way of assigning a
specific number to the first instance and letting it increment from
there?

I could almost certainly do this in Calc, but Calc lacks a few
formatting niceties, and I'd prefer to keep it in Writer if I can.

Thanks!