Thomas Blasejewicz-3 wrote
> Good morning
> I have to work (translation) on an Excel file with two columns> Japanese
> and an empty column where German has to be placed.
> "Naturally" (translation agencies just don't get it), everything is
> formated for Japanese.

Could this be a limitation of the Excel export? You didn't mention if it is
MS XML (XLSL) or good-old binary XLS

Can you work in  ODS format (while you are translating) and then export as
XLS only before sending to your client?

If that works it is obviously a workaround (not a solution) and you should
report a bug at bugzilla (https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/).