Greetings,

I am not sure how or why this is affecting your formulas, but the period "." character is a meaningful character to Calc. It is used in sheet references, as in:

=Projects.D2
         ^

Where "Projects" is the sheet name and "D2" is the cell reference in that sheet.

Something may be confusing Calc, although I agree, it shouldn't be doing that and I do not know the remedy to prevent it from evaluating 1.5 as sheet 1, cell 5, which also sounds strange. Maybe that is why you are getting the errors. Calc expects a column letter before the 5 and it isn't there. There must be some way to force Calc to assume the formula's cell is numeric and not a cell reference. Maybe someone else has the solution. Good luck.

HTH.

Girvin Herr