On 08/18/2017 09:53 AM, H. Stoellinger wrote:
Hello,
I have been using LO (and before that OO and StarOffice!) for years and am a very satisfied "customer". I do have one question now: When I open files or look at directories from a terminal (eg. Konsole under KDE) I see that some directory names are listed twice - once with the small first letter I had defined them with (using "camel" notation in general!) and once with that first letter capitalised. They both always point to the same content. I experience this with LO running under Debian or Mint (don't know the situation
under Windows).
Has anybody else experienced this "weird" behaviour?
Regards from sunny and very hot Salzburg
H. Stoellinger

Windows seem not to care if the letter is an uppercase or a lowercase one, they are the same thing. Linux treats the letters as different ones since their ASCII number are different.

I am wondering if there is some setting that creates these directories that way. I use Caja for my default folder viewing and creation package. I use the MATE terminal package instead of Konsole.

Since I do not use KDE, except if they have a package I install that is better than MATE, so it may be some type of compatibility setting.