On 08/09/17 05:12, David B Teague sr wrote:
> Libreoffice community:
>
> Underlining ... and I use it to
> indicate a shift, a motion of the hand, on double bass music.
>
> How do I do this? I'd like to have a font, not unlike the underline
> font. (I hope I'm not missing something here.)

There is a font called "ScaleDegrees" in Windows and "Times + Musical"
in linux and Mac which I use when writing about music because its
specialty is having the digits 1 thro 9 with a ^ over each digit - used
to refer to scale degrees in melodic analysis. It also has nice glyphs
for sharps, flats and naturals.

It is available free from Matthew Hindson's website :
http://hindson.com.au/info/free/free-fonts-available-for-download/

It should be relatively easy to transform the glyphs with the ^ over
them into a glyph with an overline. Looks like it could be accomplished
using FontForge which is an open source font editor. Downloads available
for Windows, Mac and linux :

https://fontforge.github.io/

HTH
Philip