On 02.10.2017 18:13, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
Good evening
It happens once in a while .. I have to work (translate) PPT files for which I use Impress and then need to know the number of words.
In the entire file.
So far I could not figure out, whether there is a way to count all words in an Impress file. (A similar question posted on the net somewhere was "closed, because it is irrelevant" ???)

Today I found, that one can get a word count in the real PPT by looking at properties.

Is there such a trick for Impress?

Thank you.
Thomas

I don't know about better solution but you could save presentation as html (as one file) and then open that file in Writer.

Could this work for you?

Kruno