Sorry, using my phone for this... And off the top of my head...

Each object usually supports multiple interfaces...

In basic, the actual type does not matter.

Names starting with an x refer to an interface.

I need to look it up, but I think that the preference was a variant rather than
object, but...

It may no longer matter

The developer who told me this could not remember why it when it mattered

And

I only had a problem because of it once, and that was years ago.

Other languages, like Java, it matters. I'd we had a smarter IDE it might be
useful to declare the actual type.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​