> I went through a lot of work to set up a drawing page with lots of guide
> lines but now that I have that done I can't figure out how to lock them in
> place so that they don't accidentally get moved around. (Which happens a
> lot.)
>
> So my question is:
> Can guides be locked down?

Yes :)

> If so, where do I learn more about it?
> (I have searched the help and docs but couldn't find any answers.)

You need to learn about "layers". On the lower part of the edition window
you have some "tabs": "layout", which is selected by default, "controls",
"dimension lines". You can create more with a click on the layers bar and
set their properties with a couple of right clicks. And among those
properties there is the possibility to "lock" a layer. Objects created when
a layer is selected "belong" to that layer, so cut your guide lines, select
a different layer and paste them. Finally, lock that layer.

Regards,
Ricardo