El mié, 12-06-2019 a las 15:32 -0400, Tim-L escribió:
> On 6/12/19 2:12 PM, aguador wrote:
> > Does anyone on the list, whether from the DF or a user, know if
> > there
> > are plans to improve the save dialog?
> >
> > As it stands, at least on Linux, separate partitions and connected
> > drives are no longer shown in the dialogue. Saving to such a
> > partition
> > or drive means navigating there through the root directory. I know
> > that
> > it is possible to save the location, but this does not help if you
> > are
> > saving to a new or infrequently used external device.
> >
> > If needed I will file a request for enhancement because the one
> > step
> > forward for cloud users brought several steps back for connected
> > drives.
>
> What Linux are you using, and what version of LibreOffice are you
> using?
>
> I use Ubuntu Mate 18.04 and LO 6.2.4.2.
>
> I plugged in a thumb drive and a 2T USB drive.  As long as they are
> mounted, I have no problems Saving files to it. I do not have to go
> up
> through to "root" to get to the file system / media / user / device
> folder / data file - the hard way. The dialog to save the file looks
> lot like the Caja file manager dialog for saving.
>
> Since we cannot include graphics here, I placed a JPG file on one of
> my
> domains that shows you what mine looks like.
>
> http://lungstrom.com/holding/LO-save-screen.jpg
>
> There use to be an option in earlier versions of LO [I think] that
> asks
> if you wanted to use LO's file manager for load/save or the system's
> file manager.  I do not see dialog in this version.

Thanks for the reply and screenshot. This now seems to be a
distribution/DE issue as you have exactly what is missing here: a list
of drives and partitions. It is somewhat similar to the dialog box on
6.0.1.x running under XFCE that I just looked at.

Here is the current save dialog from Mageia 7 running Enlightenment:

https://c.gmx.com/@558252282525778603/0X9cLX6zRoqnWgsewkw6jA

I will check further in Mageia, but would be curious to hear if others
see variations based on DE, etc. I should also have thought of
downloading the rpm from the DF to see how it behaves.

Thanks again for the feedback.