Try using $ as your search term with the regular expression box checked.

When I use \n to search it finds the ends of lines created with Shift+Enter.

When I use $ to search it finds the ends of lines created with Enter.

LibreOffice 6.3.5.2 on Ubuntu 19.04

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:03 PM procuste piziocampte <procus...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Im' using Version: 6.4.1.1 on linux opensuse:
> In a writer document I woule like to find paragraph breaks  (A paragraph
> break that can be entered with the Enter or Return key )with a tab
> so following the instructions here
>
> file:///usr/lib64/libreoffice/help/en-US/text/shared/01/02100001.html?&DbPAR=WRITER&System=UNIX
> I should perform a find/replace:
> in find \n and in replace \t
> or if it doesnt works
> in find \n and in replace \n and then in find \n and in replace \t
> checking the regular expression box (only that one)
> but it doesn't work, writer gives me the "search key not found"
> how can I solve??
> manythanks

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011