On 4 May 2022 at 19:48, Paul D. Mirowsky wrote:

Date sent:Wed, 4 May 2022 19:48:06 -0400
Send reply to:p_mirow...@bentaxna.com
Subject:Re: [libreoffice-users] Issue with automating a
simple process.
To:users@global.libreoffice.org
From:"Paul D. Mirowsky"
<p_mirow...@bentaxna.com>
Organization:Bentax of North America, Inc.

> I apologize, but I do not know how Calc handles this function, but the
> logic is...
>
> If A5 greater then zero, then end process

The issues seems to be. I set conditional range to be A1:AAV600
and the conditional formatting works great.
But, when I reload spreadsheet, the external link imports new data
into A5:AV564 (at moment).
If I check condition format range it has changed from A1:AV600 to
A565:AV600,A1:AV4
and thus only applies to headings and empty cells were it does
nothing.
I can manually change it back to A1:AV600 and it works.
But that requires manually
FORMAT/CONDITIONAL/MANAGE/EDIT/CELL RANGE
to change it.
So 4 clicks change range and two OK clicks. Not a big deal, but
wondering why range changes, or why absolute or range name is
not an option??