Hi,

Ubuntu linux 23.10

LibreOffice 7.6.5.2

Before I had figured out what styles could do in Writer, I made the newbie mistake of hand formatting everything. You can see where this is going. I only needed a massively huge three styles to do everything I needed. Most story submissions are pretty much the same format requirements. If I even need another I just make new style. Very handy.

In both cases I have the same problem, although the first is a tad more complicated as there are tabs to be removed. I have three styles. For stories that's all you need; chapter heading, paragraph, and scene change. At least that's all I've ever needed.

So, question; is there a way to automate the application of the styles and remove the tabs at the beginning of paragraphs. Normal find and replaces doesn't cut it. Otherwise I'm forced to go through several books by hand.

Thank you.

--

Chris Johnson   rchristopherjohn...@gmail.com
Ex SysAdmin, now, writer /There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth. And no one is lying./