>Maybe I'm just plain stupid, but following the instructions for 6to4, the
>second host on the network simply will not 'autocinfigure' as stated.

        what you need to do is to configure global IPv6 address on your
        "machine 1", manually.  machine 1 has to become a router (between 6to4
        pseudo interface and ethernet), and routers cannot be autoconfigured
        (ipv6_network_interfaces=auto does not work).

        try looking at:
        http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/ipv6/
        (it cannot help you set up freebsd rc.conf but should be of some help)

itojun

  |6to4 interface (stf)
machine 1               machine 2
  |ethernet               |