I've been running BIND 9 on Solaris 8 for 2 years now. It works just fine.

NTP 4.1.72 works toom so you can have IPv6 NTP.

Carl

Kevin Kane wrote:

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Lionel David wrote:

| Are the DNS request supported under Sun (solaris 8) in IPv6 ?

It works under Solaris 9, because I'm doing that.  I would think it'd work
under 8 as well, since it has built in IPv6 support too.  Just put an IPv6
address after 'nameserver' in /etc/resolv.conf.. for example, mine is just
'nameserver ::1'.

Just be careful that there aren't any applications that only use IPv4
which use /etc/resolv.conf to find nameservers but do their own name
resolution instead of using the system libraries.  Squid is like this,
although it fortunately allows you to override the /etc/resolv.conf
settings with a configuration file directive.

                      Kevin Kane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>