-----Original Message-----
From: Stig Venaas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 10:52 AM
To: Sarang Karandikar
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: A6 Query Header and Response.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 10:15:03AM +0530, Sarang Karandikar
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write DNS resolver for A6 queries. Does
> anyone know the
> exact format in which the A6 query header etc. will be
> sent/received ? I
> feel sending will not be different for A6, as only Query
> Type field will
> change (A6 = 38) but response will be different. In what
way
> will be the
> header, query, response, authority and additional section
be
> different
> when an A6 response is received ? Can any one give me
sample
> data ?

Doesn't RFC 2874 give sufficient info? You might also do
some tests
together with e.g. a version of BIND that supports A6.

No, especially regarding the value of DNAME. Also, I want
info regarding
the exact spacing between the returned response header
section.

Stig