Why don't you terminate the IPv6 tunnel in the Cisco in the first place?

Michel.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Claudia Cordova Yamauchi
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 2:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: tunnel behind cisco nat

Hi list

Please I want to ask you for some help. I have an Ipv6 island (with
router GNU/Linux) and I was trying to make a tunnel for another island
to connect it to the 6bone. I did that a couple of times to connect
islands which routers with public IPs.

Now there is an island behind a nat made it by a cisco router in this
configuration:

          R1(priv IP)   R2(publ IP)               R3(publ IP)
remote -> router IPv6  -> router ->  INTERNET  ->  my_router   ->  6Bone
island     GNU/Linux      Cisco                    IPv6 GNU/L

I read the Palet's IST-2001-32161 suggestion of replacing the private
address instead public address and left protocol 41 free in the Cisco
router, and the admin of the other island put this commands in his IPv6
Linux router:

 #ip tunnel add <tunnelname> mode sit remote < R3 public IP> local
  <R1 private IP> ttl 64
 #ip link set <tunnelname> up
 #ip address add 3ffe:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::2/64 dev <tunnelname>
 #route -A inet6 add 3ffe::/15 gw 3ffe:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::1 <tunnelname>

I did the usual stuff in my side of the tunnel
 #ip tunnel add <tunnelname> mode sit remote <R2 public IP>
  ttl 64
 #ip link set <tunnelname> up
 #ip address add 3ffe:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::1/64 dev <tunnelname>

but I just can do ping6s to my local end of the tunnel, not the remote
end.

Please any idea of what is wrong?

Thank you in advance

Claudia