Hi Antonio,
first - (not the question...) - the Protocol is called "OSPFv3", not "v6"...
second - it's only used for IPv6, you can run OSPFv2 parallel to OSPFv3
without any problems... But, both protocols can't see each other, it's like
running RIP and OSPF the same time!!!

If you want to have an integrated Routing-Protocol, try I/IS-IS. It uses
only one Topology-Database for IPv4 and IPv6. (And OSI/ISO, if you want ;-) )

these links might be helpful:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/ipv6/docs/ospfv3_overview.pdf
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/ipv6/docs/ospfv3_summary.ppt

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/ipv6/docs/is-isv6.ppt

Regards,
//Ronald Heitmann, CCIE#8722

> Dear All,
>
> Does OSPFv6 routing protocol support IPv4 networks
> advertisements?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Regards
>
> António Amaral

>     António Manuel Nunes C. Amaral
>     Instituto de Telecomunicações - Pólo de Aveiro
>     Campus Universitário
>     3810-193 AVEIRO - PORTUGAL
>     Telef. 234 - 377900
>     Fax. 234 - 377901
>     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     Telef. directo. 234 - 377906

GMX Weihnachts-Special: Seychellen-Traumreise zu gewinnen!

Rentier entlaufen. Finden Sie Rudolph! Als Belohnung winken
tolle Preise. http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail/