> Windows XP is RFC 3041 compliant so it generates IPv6 address based on
> a pseudo casual algorithm.
Just a small addition: you can keep XP from doing that by issuing

        netsh interface ipv6 set privacy disabled persistent

AFAIK, with the latest service pack, XP does not use the IPv6 privacy
extension by default anymore (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Cheers,
Christian
--
JOIN - IP Version 6 in the WiN  Christian Strauf
A DFN project                   Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster