We actively use Apache Isis with HSQLDB, PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server and
they all support separate schemas within the same database. I would like to
see Apache Isis run without issues in the scenario you have but I don't
want to lose the security that database schemas provide in preventing
similar named entities to clash.

What options do you have? Can you