2009/8/4 Sébastien Launay <sebastien.lau...@anyware-tech.com>

> Hi,
>
> This issue has not been integrated yet in Jackrabbit source code.
> Therefore, you have two solutions:
> - patch Jackrabbit source code with the JCR-1435 patch, build
>  a custom jar and use it.
> - create the tables with the right engine and prefixes before
> starting the application (scripts can be found in the source code).
>
> --
> Sébastien Launay
>
> aasoj j a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > We want to choose mysql engine (InnoDB) for Jackrabbit tables without
> > changing the DB's default engine type. Is there a way to do this?
> >
> > I saw a related jira
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1435:Choose the MySQL engine
> > for database storage (default to MyISAM). I added mysqlEngine
> > parameter to the repository.xml but could not get the mysqlEngine
> > configuration to work. Please let me know if I am doing anything
> > wrong.
> >
> > <Repository>
> >   <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">
> >     <param name="mysqlEngine" value="InnoDB"/>
> >   </FileSystem>
> >

> > Regards

Is another option to use the schema parameter to define the name of the
resource which contains the DDL used to create the tables?

e..g.

<param name="schema" value="mysql-innodb" />

You then need to provide a mysql-innodb.ddl resource at an appropriate point
in the classpath, based on the mysql.ddl within the core, but adding the
desired engine type.

Untested, but I think it will work.

Cheers,

James