For debugging, you need to do the following:

* pass JVM options to enable debugging
* expose docker port for JVM debug you chose

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/138511/what-are-java-command-line-options-to-set-to-allow-jvm-to-be-remotely-debugged

You should be able to do all this without changing the image: docker env variables and docker port option.

Once container is started and port is listening, open (confirm with docker ps) connect to it to debug.

Good luck,