Hi,

Please bear with me, I am new to Kannel, gateways and mobile stuff.
I am trying to use a GSM phone (Philips Ozeo, GSM 07.05 compliant) as
my SMSC. I installed kannel under Redhat Linux 7 and if I use fakesmsc and
the test programs everything seems to work.
I have added the following lines in my kannel.conf:

group= smsc
smsc = at
modemtype = siemens
device= /dev/ttyS0
pin= 6996

When I start up kannel and look at the log file it says something like PANIC
can not connect to SMSC

I have tried gsmlib and I can send and receive SMS under linux.
How can I increase the debugging level to see exactly what is going to and
from the phone?

I have tested my phone and AT+CMGS works fine in text mode (AT+CMGF=1) but
it doesn't
seem to work with PDU mode (AT+CMGF=0). Which method does kannel use to send
as SMS,
text or PDU?

Thanks,

Paul