It looks like your modem was not put into CNMI 1,2 mode correctly. I noticed it happens from time to time, but was unable to reproduce it. if after restarting kannel you still get the same behaviour - watch your logs for the CNMI command and it's response and email it to the list.

Oded Arbel
m-Wise inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
"Often it takes some calamity to make us live in the present."
-- Calvin and Hobbes