thanks again arbel,

i was trying to do exactly what is wriiten in installation guide.
they have asked to create a .depend file and then do make .depend.
Sorry to write wrong , it is "touch .depend" and not "depend"

I am trying to install kannel again with DLR and now i am stuck here.

/configure --prefix=/usr/local/kannel --disable-docs --with-dlr=mysql
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --x-includes=/usr/local/mysql/include

and i am getting this error ..

Configuring MySQL support ...
checking for mysql_config... /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config
checking mysql version... 3.23.49
checking for /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/mysql.h... yes
checking for /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/mysql_com.h... yes
checking for /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/mysql_version.h... yes
checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient... no

all yes but the last oe seems to be giving a problem.
What is it looking for? Am i missing something with MySQL?
I have MySQL 3.23.49 server installed with full installation.

i need to do this fast. Please help me out.

navjot