Hmm, I'm not quite sure if that can solve the problem. :-(
Has "port high hex" and "port low hex" something to do with
big endian and little endian?
I don't need any ringtones, logos or something like that.
The easiest understanding what I need is reading the
Nokia SMS API v.0.9
<snip>
The message consists of a fixed header and a field called TP-User-Data that
carries the payload of the short message as well as optional header
information that is not part of the fixed header. The optional headers are
contained in a field called User Data Header and the presence of such
headers in the TP-User-Data field is indicated in a separate field that is
part of the fixed header.
.
This Java API uses the port numbers to distinguish to which application a
message is targeted at.
.
Sample for such a port is: (a line from a Java sample)
com.nokia.sms://:3381
.
When the recipient address does not contain a port number, the TP-User Data
shall not contain the Application port addressing header. It is not possible
for Java applications to receive this kind of messages, but they will be
handled as normally in the recipient device, e.g. text messages will be
displayed to the end user.
<snap>
If anybody wants to read the full API, its about 6pages, go to
http://forum.nokia.com klick on java-->documents-->nokia api documents
There you will find the API document, don't panic, it's a html-file. start
index.html an klick on com.nokia.mid.messaging.

So how would you use the udh-tag in http-request, if you need to send to
port 3381 from the sample line. There is no source-port needed.

Best regards
Florian