How about just ignoring the dependency error:
rpm -ivh --nodeps kannel-latest-version.i386.rpm

At least, if you are not going to use Kannel with ssl, this should work. Personally, I recompiled Kannel to get rid of that error message.

Adreas,

thanks for that suggestion, but i forgot to mention
that i tried that as well.

It's seems that other people tried the same things i
did and ran into the similar problems.
In my case when i try to compile it with the default
configuration i run into errors suggesting me to get a
multi threaded ssl version or something.

I'm not so keen on fooling around with this ssl
version i got running because it also took me a while
to get it up and running with certificates and all,
ssh etc.

I feel the only way i might be able to install it
succesfully is to install it with all dependendies?
off, but i find it such a same to run in all kinds of
limitations because of it.

Thanks anyway,

Dirk

http://mailplus.yahoo.com