From: Dave Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 8:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SOLVED] Running kannel as a Service on windows/cygwin

cygrunsrv -I kannel_bearerbox -d "Kannel Bearer box" -p
"c:/kannel/gw/bearerbox.exe" -a "'c:/kannel/gw/smskannel.conf'" <enter>
cygrunsrv -S kannel_bearerbox <enter>

Works for installing and running the bearerbox as a service. The same
command can be modified for smsbox.

This creates entries in the win2k Services Control panel named "Kannel
Bearer
box" and "Kannel SMS box" respectively.

I'll have a look at the known problem of kannel stopping when run as a
service. I believe this problem is attributable to cygrunsrv.exe (from my
limited research in the last 30 mins).

Thanks everyone for your help,
Dave