> Hi,
>
> I have the following problem when sending Messages to SMSC through CIMD2:
> - Operator defines, that billing -code (which is 0010, 0020 ..) has to be
> sent
>   within p23 of CIMD2 protocol.
> - I supposed, that SMS-From would do the trick. therefore I used the
> Header
>   X-Kannel-From to pass billing.code from http.service to sms-box.
> - Operator does not recive the right billing.code.
>
> ? Is there a log, or debug option, that makes visible, wicht headers are
> received?
> ? Is p23 of CIMD2 supported by kannel.cimd -driver?
>
> Anybody can help?
>
> Regards,
> oli
>
> Environment:
> Operating system and version: FreeBSD, 4.7 stable
> Kannel version: 1.2.1
> Libxml version: libxml2 2.4.24
>
> Kannel configuration file
> --------------------------
> group = smsc
> smsc = cimd2
> smsc-id = *
> host = *
> port = 9971
> smsc-username = *
> smsc-password = *
> allowed-smsc-id = "sunrise"
> keepalive = 1
>

> group = sms-service
> keyword = default
> url = "http://192.168.66.171/sms/sunrise.php?mobileid=%p&item=%a";
> accepted-smsc = "sunrise"
> accept-x-kannel-headers = true
> catch-all = true

Hi I just solved the problem.
(should have been reading the manual properly). Sender is only set by
kannel, if 'sender-prefix' in group smsc is set to the smsc-number or to the empty
string "". If it is not set, or set to 'never', then Kannel will not send the
sender number to smsc (found in kannel 1.2.1 documentation on page 50, after
browsing the source code...;-)

Regards,
Oli

Just to inform you,  if you experience the same behaviour..