I can tell you about Argentina, for instance.

- Country code is 54.
- City codes are two digits.
- Buenos Aires (the capital) is 11.
- Phone numbers are 8 digits.
- Inside Argentina, use prefix 15 to access a celluar phone from a fixed line.
- Inside Argentina, prefix 15 is optional from another cellphone.
- To call a cellphone from outside argentina, add 9 after the country code.

So, for example, to call cellphone # (11)12345678

>From a fixed line:

15-11-12345678

>From a cellphone on the same city:

12345678 or 15-12345678

>From another city, prefix 0 and 15 after the area code:

0-11-15-12345678

>From OUTSIDE argentina:

+54-9-11-12345678

Last but not least, all of the above only applies to PSTN calls. If
you wish to send SMS, the rules vary somewhat:

To send an sms to any cellphone inside argentina, use full MSISDN, you
can spare the country code. For example, using the same number to send
an SMS:

>From inside Argentina:

11-12345678

>From outside Argentina: