From: Fredrik Jeansson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: mercredi 31 octobre 2007 14:15
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: Problems with kannel 1.4.1

Hello,

I use Kannel to recieve and send SMS-messages to/from 4 different
SMS-C's (using the protocols UCP/EMI, SMPP and CIMD2) on a FreeBSD 6.2
server. It has worked good for some months now but recently (without any
configuration change to BSD or Kannel), I been having problems recieving
messages from the UCP/EMI operator. Nothing has changed on the server
exept that the SMS traffic (MO and MT) has gone up every month since the
start. The traffic now reaches maximum of 10.000 SMS messages per day.

The problem is that after a a couple of days Kannel stops recieving
messages from the UCP/EMI system. The operator sending the messages to
our kannel machine sais that our server don't respond at all (like if as
the port was closed). The SMS-traffic works fine from all the other
operators when this happens (the traffic is allmost evenly spread on the
4 operators). If I preform a quick restart of bearerbox & smsbox we
start to get MO-messages from this operator again (efter about 1
minute). This is the only of the 4 operators that uses UCP/EMI.

I have no idea what could be wrong! Any ideas anyone? I'm stuck.

Thanks,

BR!

/ Fredrik Jeansson

  _____

Antivirus avast! <http://www.avast.com> : message Sortant sain.

Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 071031-1, 31/10/2007
Analyse le : 31/10/2007 17:37:43