Hi There,

We actually have a script aswell.

The script checks state of all connections, and if it isn't online, it will autoatically, tell kannel to try to re-connect, to minimize downtime, in case the provider, is just restarting a server or simular.

We also have a script parsing the status.xml file, to give a graphical view of the situation, showing all connections, their state, the queue, submitted messages, etc.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in this aswell.

Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Mads N. Vestergaard
Teknisk ansvarlig / CTO CoolSMS
www.coolsms.com
Phone: +45 7026 1272
Fax: +45 7630 1046
Mobile: +45 4270 1272

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Mike Nwaogu skrev:
Hi Rowland,
I have a similar script, but would like to know if
there's something I could add.

Do let me have it if will.

--- Rolandow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

To monitor our kannel connections with the SMSC's, I
wrote a little PHP
script. When a connection is down, it can send an
e-mail, and a SMS.
Sending SMS will be done using a clickatell account.

The script uses netstat to check the connections, so
this would only run
on linux. It works with the PHP5 CGI, so you only
have to install the
php5 cgi version, if your server doesn't run a
webserver.

You can configure the connections you would like to
monitor, based on IP
and PORT number. You can also define a timeout. If
the connection is
down for more than xx seconds, it will send you an
alert. Because in my
experience a lot of connection restore themselves
automatically within
half an hour.

If somebody would like to use this, I could send the
script to the list
(is that possible/allowed?), or I could put it
somewhere to download. If
you're interested, let me know.

Kind regards,
Roland.