From: Kevin Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: users@kannel.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 8, 2008 8:14:33 PM
Subject: Re: How do I display linefeeds in message (PHP)?

Not sure if it makes a difference, but he is using get-url to get the
contents of a webpage that is outputting linefeeds.

The setup is something like:

   group = sms-service
   keyword = test
   get-url = "http://website/getcommands.php";

The result which is sent to the phone, doesn't have any linefeeds in it
even though that webscript outputs them.  They simply don't get to the
phone.

Using exec instead of get-url on the same script on the same server
directly, works just fine.  The linefeeds get to the phone.

   group = sms-service
   keyword = test
   exec = "/usr/local/bin/php /pathtoscript/getcommands.php"

So something in the use of get-url is stripping them.

I don't normally use get-url so I never ran into that before.  Note that
the php being called is the CLI version not the web version.

Perhaps that might shed some light on the issue he is having.

> Try with "%0D"
>
> Regards,
>
> Alejandro
>
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Bogus Bill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Juan Nin wrote:
>> >
>> > again... have you tried chr(13)???
>> >

>> Yes, I have.  That didn't work either.
>>
>> One problem I discovered thanks to Kevin was that I was formatting my
>> response using HTML.  I stripped out all the HTML, leaving just text.
>>  When
>> I run the page from a browser and look at the source, the linefeeds are
>> there.  When I let Kannel send it to my phone, the linefeeds are gone.

Access, No Cost.